Hypnosis for Birth Classes in Portland, OR
In this 3-hour In-Person workshop, you will learn how to use hypnosis as a coping tool during birth.
Upcoming Dates (All classes are from 10am-1pm):
Nov 18, 2023
March 2, 2024
April 21, 2024
May 19, 2024
Hypnosis for Birth teaches you and your birth partner:
1. The power of hypnosis: Explore how hypnosis can be used as a valuable tool during childbirth.
2. Relaxation techniques: Discover various relaxation techniques to induce a state of deep calmness and reduce anxiety.
3. Visualization exercises: Learn how to create vivid mental imagery to promote a positive birthing experience.
4. Self-hypnosis: Develop self-hypnosis skills to tap into your subconscious mind and harness your body's natural birthing abilities.
5. Pain management: Explore techniques for managing pain through hypnosis, potentially reducing the need for medical interventions.
6. Understanding the mind-body connection: Gain insight into the connection between your mental state and physical sensations during childbirth.
7. Empowerment and confidence: Cultivate a sense of empowerment and confidence in your body's ability to give birth.
8. Partner involvement: Discover ways in which your birth partner can actively participate and support you through hypnosis techniques.
9. Physiology of childbirth: Learn about the stages of labor, the body's natural processes, and how hypnosis can complement these physiological changes.
10. How hypnosis can help you through any birth intervention including epidurals, inductions and cesarean births.
This class is not a complete childbirth education class but can be taken on its own. It pairs well with our Hands-On Birth Prep Class for a more comprehensive childbirth education option. This class is not affiliated with Hypnobirthing or Hypnobabies.
This class is taught by Liz Farmer. Liz is a birth doula, childbirth educator and hypnotherapist. She has attended nearly 300 births and helped clients successfully use hypnosis in many of them. She also used hypnosis to have semi pain free and very positive birth experience. She lives in Portland, OR with her husband, young daughter and two cats. She is co-owner of the Birth First Education Center.